1. NHS Choices. Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis). Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/atopic-eczema/ (Accessed April 2018).
2. European Dermatology Forum. Guidelines to treatment. Available at:
http://www.euroderm.org/edf/index.php/edf-guidelines/category/5-guidelines-miscellaneous?download=36:guideline-treatment-of-atopic-eczema-atopic-dermatitis. (Accessed April 2018).
3. Medicine.net. Atopic Dermatitis. Available at: http://www.medicinenet.com/atopic_dermatitis/page3.htm . (Accessed April 2018).
4. Nutten S. Atopic Dermatitis: Global Epidemiology and Risk Factors. Ann Nutr Metab 2015;66 (suppl 1): 8–16.
5. Office for National Statistics. 2014 UK mid-year population estimate. Available at:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationprojections/bulletins/nationalpopulationprojections/2015-10-29 (Accessed April 2018).
6. Leung D.Y.M, Nicklas R and Li J. Disease management of atopic dermatitis: an updated practice parameter. Joint Task Force on Practice Parameters, Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol, page 93(3 Suppl 2):S1-21, 2004.
7. NHS Choices. Atopic Eczema - Complications. Available at: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Eczema-(atopic)/Pages/Complications.aspx (Accessed April 2018).
8. Kurwa HA, Finlay AY. Dermatology in-patient management greatly improves life quality. Br J Dermatol 1995; 133: 575-578.
9. Silverberg JI, Garg NK, Paller AS et al. Sleep disturbances in adults with eczema are associated with impaired overall health: a US population-based study. J Invest Dermatol 2015; 135(1): 56-66.
10. Anderson RT, Rajagopalan R. Effects of allergic dermatitis on health-related quality of life. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2001; 1(4): 309-315.
11. Simpson et al. Patient burden of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (AD): Insights from a phase 2b clinical trial of dupilumab in adults. Am Acad Dermatol, pp. 74(3):491-498, 2016.
12. Gittler JK, Shemer A, Suárez-Fariñas M, et al. Progressive activation of T(H)2/T(H)22 cytokines and selective epidermal proteins characterizes acute and chronic atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2012; 130: 1344–54.
13. Leung, DY, Boguniewicz, M, Howell, MD, Nomura, I & Hamid, QA New insights into atopic dermatitis. J. Clin. Invest. 113, 651–657 (2004).
14. Bieber T. Mechanisms of Disease. Atopic Dermatitis. N Engl J Med 2008; 358:1483-94.
15. Lio PA, Lee M, LeBovidge J, et al. Clinical management of atopic dermatitis: practical highlights and updates from the atopic dermatitis practice parameter 2012. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2:361–369; quiz 370, 2014.